Greetings from Amway India !!!!
As you are aware by now, Amway India had its biggest sales month in September’11 when we had Rs.251 crore of sales. With such excitement & momentum, I am not only confident of achieving our Goal of Rs 2500 cr by 2012, but also convinced that we will attain higher GOALS in the years to come.
We have introduced several “Positive Changes” in the business from November 1st that would further fuel our growth & offer a safer future for our ABOs. These revisions have been accepted very well by leadership all around.
With growth, we also attract attention of various entities. One of them can be competing organizations who claim to be ‘Just Like Amway’business opportunities. Amway India & the Direct Selling Industry is poised for huge growth in years to come, which pulls organizations to get a share of this growing market. While we appreciate healthy competition, it is unfortunate that some organizations choose improper & dishonorable methods to grab business & get a foothold in the market. We have reasons to believe that such ‘Copycat Businesses’ with shallow income opportunities have been targeting YOUR line of sponsorship to build THEIR business. They are really not competitors but actually “predators”.
I wanted to take this opportunity to advise you on expected launch of a company in the Direct Selling market in India and what activities are currently taking place openly & surreptitiously, leading up to this launch.
INFORMATION CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
The following information is currently available to us about this company:
- It is headquartered in USA
- The company was founded in 2005 & has only 6 years of experience
- Has moved on to 20 markets and has almost abandoned some of them
- It has a declining sales pattern & is approximately 6% of Amway’s global sales turnover
- It has a single office in India at present
- It has single product / category based on a Nutrition Drink
- It is not part of the WFDSA & IDSA
- This company operates on a binary plan
- This company has had issues with the Governments of Australia & Korea
- This company is expected to launch its operations in India in November 2011
- To earn commissions from this company, one needs to purchase products worth approximately Rs 8000/- every month
- The joining fees for this company is Rs 800/-
SOME POSSIBLE ISSUES / CONCERNS
Some senior leaders in the Amway India business have had certain issues with Amway India in the recent past, for which the company had to take deterrent action against them due to violations in the Rules of Conduct. As you know, Amway is very fair in dealing with any & all types of Rules Violations and did not hesitate to take the necessary action for the violations made, despite the pin level & status of the leaders. Some of these senior Amway leaders have not been in active Amway business building post these actions taken against them by Amway, and it is very likely, that owing to their high status, they were looking at “other” avenues to make “QUICK MONEY”.
We have been informed, that certain ABOs holding very high pin levels in the Amway India business have been persuaded by this company to join them. We have received several complaints in the recent weeks that some of these leaders have been enticing their LOS’s and some crossline LOS’s (possibly yours too) join this company. We strongly believe that these senior Amway leaders have been enticed with some amount of money to shift their loyalty to them and bring in as many ABOs from Amway as possible. These Amway Leaders are conducting meetings in several cities across in India trying to promote this new company by spreading several rumours against Amway like
- Amway is changing its business model and will open retail shops – this will kill the opportunity for ABOs
- Amway has sold its Nutrilite farms
- Amway Founders have sold their stake in the company
- Amway India will close down in another two years.
- Some senior official(s) from Amway are joining this company
- It is OK to do the Amway business & the “other” business while promoting the same within your LOS and in crossline organizations.
ACTIONS TAKEN TO PROTECT THE BUSINESS & ABO’s
Show Cause notices have been sent to these Senior leaders who have been found to be enticing Amway ABOs to join this new company. They have been declared as “Not in Good Standing with Amway”. A full-fledged investigation is on against the activities of these senior leaders. The downline Platinums of these Senior leaders have been advised of their upline activities Silver Producer & above meetings are being conducted in all the affected states to explain the real facts of the situation. All discretionary benefits have been withheld for these ABO’s. Their access to all internal systems has been blocked.
It is with great pride that we share that 99% of the leadership have re-iterated their belief, faith & loyalty in Amway, its values & principles. I would like to clarify that all rumours spread by these
Senior Leaders about the future about Amway are false & misleading and made with the intent to entice more ABOs to join the new company, from where, we believe, they have a lot to gain in monetary terms for getting more people to join the company. Amway has never in it’s rich 52 years history changed it’s operating model nor will ever do so in future. I would also like to re-iterate that Amway will not hesitate to take appropriate action on any ABO found enticing another Amway ABO(s) to join this company, which may include immediate suspension & withdrawal of all discretionary benefits, because they will no longer be “In Good Standing with Amway”
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO DO IN THIS SITUATION
- Brief the leaders in your teams about the situation.
- Ensure that ABOs in your LOS are not distracted by news about this new company
- Even if there has been no enticement in your LOS, you may alert the leadership to insulate their downlines from possible enticement
- No ABO should be over-whelmed by the stature of the Amway leaders who are telling Amway ABOs to shift to this new company
- Report any enticement or any other activity related to this new company to your Business Development Manager
I wish to re-iterate that Amway, its Founders, the management in India & U.S.. stands fully & strongly behinds our Founding principles, values & ethics. We will deal fairly with all ABOs, irrespective of their pin level and provide a level playing field to all ABOs and protect the business interests of all ABOs, now & in the future. We have faced such challenges in the past & emerged “STRONGER” on each occasion; at this time also we stand strongly behind our plan, our products and YOU, people who make Amway the best business opportunity in the world.
To strengthen our position in the Direct Selling Industry in India, on Monday, Nov 7th, Amway will commence a National Advertisement campaign to highlight, in a positive way, the changes implemented on Nov 1st, pan India. The advertisement is simple, yet impactful and will run across the country on both the 7th and 14th of Nov
Our business in 2011 is expected to close 20% higher than the previous year. 2012 has the strongest ‘new’ product launch schedule ever……..and this is backed up by a powerful promotional program, a robust and expanded Amway / Nutrilite & Beauty Brand Building / Advertising campaign…….plus serious expansion of our infrastructure and physical presence across India. Not to mention the 3rd year of the GIP, Melbourne Mega Leadership seminar, Diamond Invitational trip to London in May, Family ALS trip announcement in August 2012 etc. So……..a LOT of exciting things happening right now and planned for next year!
I strongly urge you to stay focused on building your Amway business and changing your life & that of many others……because WE ARE AMWAY…..we are NOT JUST LIKE AMWAY.
Senior Vice-President (Distributor Relations & Training