I just got a hold of the following exciting news, first revealed on the Miss America blog a few days ago -
Artistry partners with Miss America organization in helping a woman’s inner beauty shine through. Collaboration is sure to enhance favorability for Artistry and Amway Global.
It’s a pleasure to get 2010 off to a great start by sharing incredibly exciting news with you about our global beauty brand, ARTISTRY® skin care and cosmetics – news that’s going to boost confidence in ARTISTRY and help make your beauty business flourish!
For the first time, we’ve teamed up with one of the nation’s leading achievement programs for young women – and one that holds the same philosophy as ARTISTRY … helping a woman’s inner beauty shine through from the inside out.
Today, we are proud to announce the ARTISTRY partnership with the Miss America organization! Continue reading
Amway has been listed as one of China’s top consumer brands in the inaugural CLSA China Brands index. Of all brands, Amway was ranked 72nd, outranking companies such as Nestle (75), Apple (77), Panasonic (83), Toshiba (84), and Whirlpool (96).
Amway was listed within the skincare category, where it ranked 3rd after mass market brands OLay and L’Oreal.
This recognition follows only a short time after Amway was ranked one of Korea’s favourite foreign companies.
I gave Amway Scandinavia a bit of a slam the other day for some of their partner store pricing and it provoked some interesting comments. What seems clear is some markets seem to do a good job of setting up good deals for ABOs, others are not so good at it. I’m curious as to how these deals are setup and who is consulted. My feeling is if it’s not obviously a good deal when a new ABO or prospect looks at it, then the deal shouldn’t be done at all. It matters – I’m sure I’m not alone amongst ABOs in having had prospects return waving printouts of supposed “price comparisons” done by anti-Amway zealots and claiming the whole thing was a rip-off. I’m fundamentally lazy – why make Amway harder than it has to be?
So, in the interests of making it easier, and a more positive note for Amway Europe, here’s a price comparison I did recently (2009-08-20) of a range of Amway products in the UK. I did the comparison after a critic I was engaged in debate with claimed that with outlets like Tesco and ADSA –
“(the price of) Amway products (in the UK) are so out of kilter as to be ludicrous.”
I had no idea if he was right or wrong, so I thought I’d go and look. Here is what I found, and my response …. Continue reading
1. Amway is a global leader in the $102-billion direct selling industry. More than three million Amway Business Owners operate independent businesses in more than 80 countries and territories around the world.
2. Amway and its subsidiaries employ more than 13,000 people worldwide.
3. Amway and its subsidiaries reported record sales of more than $7.1 billion for the year ending December 31, 2007.
4. Amway operates 65 Research and Development laboratories worldwide, staffed by more than 500 scientists, engineers, and technical professionals.
5. Amway Research and Development professionals have been awarded more than 500 patents and have had more than 400 papers published in top industry journals.
6. Amway is a leader in the U.S. Direct Selling Association, the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations, the National Association of Manufacturers, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
7. Amway was ranked #43 on the Forbes Magazine 2007 list of “America’s Largest Private Companies.”
8. Our eco-friendly home care products help maintain a cleaner environment and a cleaner home. Continue reading
Robin Luymes, Manager, PR & Editorial at Amway Global, has posted a great blog about the new Nutrilite and Artistry Mobile Brand Experiences, which are currently touring North America with the Amway Global Tina Turner Live Tour. Robin has included some great photos of the Brand Experience buses, something regular reads of the TTAA sites got a sneak preview of last week, when one of my favourite Amway bloggers, Bridgett, posted some photos taken when she took a trip to Michigan – Amway Partners With Tina Turner: Mobile Marketing Is Simply the Best.
Robin also has an account up on Flickr where he has posted a whole heap more photos – check them out. In a piece of irony highlighted by Robin back in June, Amway’s Opportunity Zone blogs missed out on a Direct Selling Innovations award to another company that was utilising “a brand bus they used to crisscross the nation in support of their representatives”. What’s particulary ironic is that Amway pioneered this “innovation” nearly 50 years ago!
According to Euromonitor, in 2003 Amway was the second best-selling manufacturer of Cosmetics & Toiletries in the South Korean market, outselling global giants like Unilever and Proctor & Gamble. Market leader was Korean manufacturer Amorepacific. The top 5 was –
- LG Household & Care
- Proctor & Gamble
- Aekyung Group
Unlilever, the only other international company in the top 1, came in at 7th. Amway Korea is globally one of Alticor’s best performing markets.
Post a comment below or Discuss this post on Amway Talk