I’ve known about this for a while but thought I’d be nice and withhold it until Nutrilite made the official announcement on Thursday, February 28. However, as pointed out by aliveone, it’s already made the papers nearly 2 months ago!
Brazil and Barcelona footballer Ronaldinho is the new spokesperson for Nutrilite and Nutriway, joining world class athletes Asafa Powell, Sanya Richards, Liu Xiang, and Jenn Stuczynski.
While perhaps not so well known to American audiences, Ronaldinho is a superstar in much of the rest of the world, widely regarded as one of the best footballers of his generation. Ronaldinho first came to public attention as a 13 year old, when he scored all 23 goals in a 23- drubbing of a local team in his hometown! Since then he has won all of the major awards football has to offer.
Some of his individual awards –
- FIFA World Player of the year 24
- FIFA World Player of the year 25
- European Footballer of the year 25
- FIFPro World Player of the year 25
- European Footballer of the year 26
- FIFPro World Player of the year 26
Some of the Team championships Ronaldinho has been involved in –
- 1999 Copa America champions, Brazil
- 22 World Cup Champions, Brazil
- 25 Confederation Cup champions, Brazil
- 26 World Cup Runners Up, Brazil
- 26 European Champions, Barcelona
Interestingly, the spanish newspaper article talking about the sponsorship mentions him filming an advertisement for "isotonic drinks" as well as nutritional supplements. It appears there’s some new Nutrilite products about to be launched in Europe! Is this the hyped "Nutrilite 1" product?
UPDATE: Nutrilite 1 is apparently some type of caffeine "shot" drink, so Ronaldinho would appear to be promoting some other drink. I’m guessing it may be this –