Most IBOs would be aware of various “claims” about Amway’s products and sales that are backed up by research done by Euromonitor International. I’ve just discovered Euromonitor actually has a page on their website describing some of the claims and their methodology. Worth a look! The claims listed are -
- Since 1959, Amway has paid out more bonuses and cash incentives to its distributors worldwide than any other direct sales company in history.
- In 2010, Amway paid out more bonuses and cash incentives to its distributors worldwide than any other direct sales company.
- In 2011, Amway paid out more bonuses and cash incentives to its distributors worldwide than any other direct sales company.
- In 2011, more people renewed their Amway business than any other direct selling company in the world.
- Amway is the first leading direct selling company in Brazil to empower its distributors with exclusive Facebook tools to manage their business.
- Nutrilite is the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest, and process plants on their own certified organic farms.
- Artistry is among the world’s top five, largest selling, premium skincare brands.
- Artistry is among the world’s top ten, largest selling, premium cosmetics brands.
I just got a hold of the following exciting news, first revealed on the Miss America blog a few days ago -
Artistry partners with Miss America organization in helping a woman’s inner beauty shine through. Collaboration is sure to enhance favorability for Artistry and Amway Global.
It’s a pleasure to get 2010 off to a great start by sharing incredibly exciting news with you about our global beauty brand, ARTISTRY® skin care and cosmetics – news that’s going to boost confidence in ARTISTRY and help make your beauty business flourish!
For the first time, we’ve teamed up with one of the nation’s leading achievement programs for young women – and one that holds the same philosophy as ARTISTRY … helping a woman’s inner beauty shine through from the inside out.
Today, we are proud to announce the ARTISTRY partnership with the Miss America organization! Continue reading
I mentioned a couple of months ago that Amway’s E.Funkhouser New York range was being phased out and what appeared to be a new, lower cost, Amway brand was going to be introduced. This has now been confirmed with articles in European Amagrams and websites. The Amway UK website says - Continue reading
I’ve received word that multiple world recorder holder and triple olympic gold medallist, Libby Trickett has joined champion cricketer Adam Gilchrist as a spokesperson for Amway Australia and the Nutrilite and reportedly also Artistry brands. Gilchrist has also been re-signed as a spokesperson for a futher two years, continuing his work promoting both Nutrilite and the Amway One by One and Freedom Wheels campaign for children.
Trickett and Gilchrist are two of the highest profile and respected sports people in Australia and this is great news for Amway Australia IBOs. In more Amway Australia sports news, champion rugby league and rugby union player, and Amway Founders Platinum, Mat Rogers has helped lead expansion team the Gold Coast Titans into the finals of the Australian NRL Championships for the first time, finishing third after the regular season.
Elsewhere, Amway Global in North America has announced that the contract with Nutrilite spokesperson and 400m World Champion Sanya Richards has not been renewed, and Amway Europe announced similarly for Artistry Cremè Luxury spokesperson Sandra Bullock.
Amway 50 Facts (PDF)
1. Amway is a global leader in the $102-billion direct selling industry. More than three million Amway Business Owners operate independent businesses in more than 80 countries and territories around the world.
2. Amway and its subsidiaries employ more than 13,000 people worldwide.
3. Amway and its subsidiaries reported record sales of more than $7.1 billion for the year ending December 31, 2007.
4. Amway operates 65 Research and Development laboratories worldwide, staffed by more than 500 scientists, engineers, and technical professionals.
5. Amway Research and Development professionals have been awarded more than 500 patents and have had more than 400 papers published in top industry journals.
6. Amway is a leader in the U.S. Direct Selling Association, the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations, the National Association of Manufacturers, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
7. Amway was ranked #43 on the Forbes Magazine 2007 list of “America’s Largest Private Companies.”
8. Our eco-friendly home care products help maintain a cleaner environment and a cleaner home. Continue reading
Over on the Artistry focussed All Dolled Up Opportunity Zone Blog, regular blogger Jessica Ellis has handed the reins for the day to Lindsay Martin from Amway Global Media Relations. Lindsay gives a great rundown on one of Amway Globals recent initiatives to increase media and public awareness of the Artistry skin care and cosmetics brand. A few weeks ago they flew a number of “opinion leaders” in the cosmetics and beauty field to Ada, Michigan to check out the science and manufacturing behind Artistry products. One local show, Take 5 from Grand Rapids WZZM Channel 13 has already aired a segment on the tour and posted it online.
The show gives a brief but enlightening insight into what a leader Artistry is in the field of skincare. Chuck Lia on his Speaking of Amway blog has posted the first of his Ten Points That Set Amway Apart series and talks about Amway’s unrivalled history in the direct selling field. I have little doubt that one of his future points will be the amazing R&D team that Amway has backing up the products we IBOs market. It’s an award winning story that the world, and Amway business owners, need to hear. Just recently, Amway’s Artristry Creme LuXury product won an award for packaging design and several of Nutrilite’s scientists won a prestigious international research award. To the best of my knowledge no other direct selling firm even comes close to Amway in Research & Development, and few, if any, health & beauty companies either.